NC-FEW’s organizational structure involves 1) a core leadership team of four Co-PIs, led by Forbes, and 2) three working groups focused on FEW-Nexus-based education research on educational programming in postsecondary, K-12, and informal/nonformal contexts. Each working group is led by a member of the leadership team (Scherer, Sintov, and Wang) and is comprised of five additional individuals.
- Cory Forbes (Director and Lead PI), Ph.D., Associate Professor of Science Education, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Hannah Scherer (Co-PI), Ph.D., Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist Teacher and Learning, Virginia Tech
- Nicole Sintov (Co-PI), Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Behavior, Decision Making and Sustainability, The Ohio State University
- Hui-Hui Wang (Co-PI), Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Agricultural Sciences Education and Communication, Purdue University
Postsecondary Working Group
- Craig R. Allen, Ph.D., Director for the Center for Resilience in Working Agricultural Landscapes, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Jenny Dauer, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Science Literacy in the School of Natural Resources, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Marizvikuru Mwale, Senior Lecturer in the Institute for Rural Development, University of Venda
- Chelsie Romulo, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Environmental and Sustainability Studies, University of Northern Colorado
- Bhawani Venkataraman, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Chemistry, Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts, The New York School
K-12 Working Group
- Todd Campbell, Ph.D., Professor of Science Education, Neag School of Education, University of Connecticut
- Sarah Fick, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, Department of Curriculum, Instruction and Special Education, University of Virginia
- Doug Lombardi, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Human Development and Quantitative Methodology, University of Maryland
- Aaron McKim, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Community Sustainability, Michigan State University
- Gill Roehrig, Ph.D., Professor of Science Education, Associate Director of STEM Education Center, University of Minnesota
Informal/Non-formal Working Group
- Anil Kumar Chaudhary, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Sociology, and Education, Penn State
- K.C. Busch, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, College of Education, NC State University
- Gregory D. Goins, Ph.D., Professor and Chairman, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Design, North Carolina A&T State University
- Christine Li, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, University of Missouri
- Jamie Loizzo, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Communication and Communication, University of Florida
- Mary van de Kerkhof, Ph.D., Consulting Associate, Educational Research and Evaluation, Two Roads Consulting
- Lynn Bryan, Ph.D., Professor of Science Education, Director of the Center for Advancing the Teaching and Learning of STEM (CATALYST), Purdue University, Past President, NARST: A Worldwide Organization for Improving Science Teaching and Learning Through Research
- Henry (Rique) Campa III, Ph.D., Professor, Wildlife Ecology and Associate Dean, Graduate School and Director, MSU CIRTL Steering Committee (SC)
- Charles Henderson, Ph.D., Professor of Physics, Director of the Mallinson Institute for Science Education, co-Founder and co-Director of the Center for Research on Instructional Change in Postsecondary Education (CRICPE), Western Michigan University (WMU), PI, Accelerating Systemic Change Network (ASCN).
- Kacy Redd, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President, Science & Mathematics Education Policy, Association of Public & Land Grant Universities, PI of NSF-funded Network of STEM Education Centers (NSEC)
- Eliza Reilly, Ph.D., Executive Director of the National Center for Science and Civic Engagement, Department of Technology and Society, Stony Brook University, Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities (SENCER)
- M. Antonio Silas, Ph.D., National Historian, Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences (MANRRS), Director of Off-Campus Student Services, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Martin Storksdieck, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Research on Lifelong STEM Learning, Professor, Oregon State College of Education and the School of Public Policy, Co-PI, NSF-funded Center for the Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE).
- David Doerfert, Ph.D., Professor, Agricultural Education, and Communications, Associate Dean, Graduate School, Texas Tech University.
- Xavier Fazio, Ph.D., Professor, Education at Brock University, Affiliate Member Environmental Sustainability Research Centre (ESRC), PI, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSRHC), Associate Editor, Journal of Science Teacher Education.
- Rita Hagevick, Ph.D., Professor, Biology Department, Director of Graduate Programs in Science Education, Pi, Kids in the Garden grant at the UNCP Campus Garden & Apiary, Co-pi on an NSF S-STEM grant called COMPASS II, The University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
- Sarah Haines, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Towson University.
- Jessica Mostacedo Marasovic, Graduate Student, Department, School of Natural Resources, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Katrina Swinehart, Assistant Professor, Agricultural Education, Central State University.